HYALURONIC ACID

Recently I watched a video on selling. Something struck a cord with me. The speaker said, "No one wants to buy from a sales person, they always prefer to buy from an expert." I know this is true for me, especially in areas I know nothing about. I recently bought a refrigerator for the house. I am standing in the local hardware store with my mouth gaping open, completely overwhelmed, a sea of stainless steel in front of me. I needed someone to guide my decision based on their knowledge of the pricing, quality, and manufacturers. That is exactly what happened. On the flip side, I have experienced sales people that are not knowledgeable or wishy washy, unable to give to definitive answers, and I withhold my purchase.


That got me thinking. One, that is exactly how I have sold my product successfully over the years. When someone asks, "what do you recommend?" I give clear, definitive answers and reasons to back it up. Two, my sales force needs to have this same confidence in their products and ingredients. My goal is to help my girls understand products on a much deeper level, help them grow in confidence, so that customers will see the value of the product and the knowledge we provide. 

We began this journey with BC's very best seller... Tight, Firm, and Fill Extreme Tri-Peptide Serum. Retailing for $99 per bottle, I can barely keep it in stock. Once a customer begins to use it regularly, going without it is NOT an option. One of the main ingredients is hyaluronic acid, so this is where we started. This video is a wonderful place to begin. It is about how scientists discovered HA and the anti-aging power it possesses. Love the back story? Here it is.


WHAT IS HA?
Hyaluronic acid (also known as a glycosaminoglycan) is often touted for its ability to "reverse" or stop aging. In news reports, you might have heard of hyaluronic acid as the "key to the fountain of youth." This is because the substance occurs naturally (and quite abundantly) in humans and animals, and is found in young skin, other tissues, and joint fluid. Hyaluronic acid is a component of the body's connective tissues, and is known to cushion and lubricate. As you age, however, the forces of nature destroy hyaluronic acid. Diet and smoking can also affect your body's level of hyaluronic acid over time. Skin care products with hyaluronic acid are most frequently used to treat wrinkled skin.
Skin care products containing this substance are often used with vitamin C products to assist in effective penetration.

 
TALKING POINTS: 
  • was discovered to be the "fountain of youth" in Chinese village in 2012 
  • HA naturally occurs in the body
  • our production of HA dramatically declines as we age
  • can retain 10,000 times itself in moisture
  • enables skin cells to retain moisture
  • keeps skin smooth and elastic
  • keeps joints lubricated
  • can be injected in gel form for joint issues 
  • good for all skin types (pregnant women as well)

A question that comes up from time to time is, "What is the percentage of this active ingredient in your product?" BC has never released this info and I think I know why. People assume that more is better. More is better with cake and coffee, but not necessarily an active ingredient. In fact retin-A (the name brand for retinol, prescribed in dermatologists offices) ranges from .025% - .01%. When manufacturers make claims that their brand is 30% or 80% of an active, it's simply a marketing tactic. This video is a great explanation of percentages. 


Now we know how to explain the first and most immediate benefit of Extreme. Next topic... Peptides! Stay tuned for more.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so informative on our product ingredients. Educating us to be more of an Expert with our products as well. Valery Crocker-EVIP-Nebraska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you for taking this on.

    ReplyDelete