BEING A DIRECTOR AND MOM

QUESTION:
Lisa, how do you balance being a mother, wife and running such a huge team? How do you find the time? I am a stay a home mother, wife and still find it hard to keep up? I need some motivation in my BC business and feel that the team I have here just isn't doing it for me......my Unit Manager has tried for DIQ 3 times and it hasn't happened yet for her and our Director is far away. I see how quickly things are moving for all of your people in Tally and wondering why we are falling behind? Any great advice? Thanks

ANSWER:
I feel you... women have so much on their plate, especially stay-at-home mom's trying to build a business. I remember when I promoted to Director, I had a new born, 2 year old and three year old. I worked when I could, during nap times and after the kids went to bed at night.
1. Delegate everything you can.
Get a housekeeper, an assistant, whatever it takes to keep you sane. My husband would agree that wives do 90 percent of the home management, organization, kid-care etc... You must find ways to delegate the activities that are not income producing, with the exception of your children of course.
2. Focus on those who have desire.
Spend 80 percent of your time with those who stay connected and engaged, not those who suck your energy. The way I determine who gets my time? Those who attend rallies, follow through on what they say they will do, and are consistent. It may be consistent with
2 spas a month.
3. Keep Sharing.
It is said that those who made you a Director won't keep you a Director, those who make you Sr.Director won't keep you there. The unfortunate part of direct selling is that one third of your consultants are new, one third are spa-ing veterans, and one third are on their way out. So we must continue to share in order to have a strong team to make up for the one-third on the way out.

As far as your EVIP... my answer to anyone trying to get to Director is massive recruiting! Massive recruiting creates momentum, which creates a strong team fast, with the volume needed. My advice to her? Pretend it's a trip promotion and recruit 8 per month every month. Of course this will require more spas than normal, dependent upon her recruiting skills. Have to go spa and recruiting crazy until Director happens. And it will happen. She should read Lindi Coker's story. Lindi is a Director on my team. Visit www.hermannunit.com for her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment